Wednesday, September 22, 2004

September 22

One more reason its great not to be working: I can actually help friends out. I spent the day cleaning and moving stuff into my friends, the Barnts', new home. I'm excited for them, and it was cool to share in the fun of putting a new home together.

It's finally, at moments, starting to feel like Fall. I love this time of year. From October to Dec 24th I'm nearly always in a good mood--especially if it's a crisp blustery day. Can't wait to break out my sweaters and scarves and Christmas music. Mom and I are planning to go all out making decorations for the house (newly remodeled, inspired by the Arts and Crafts movement). We've already bought the ingredients for a Fall wreath*. I normally don't do the silk-plant thing, but after last year's wreath of leaves from our lawn barely survived Thanksgiving, I'm thinking I'd like the work to pay off for a few years rather than a few days. Hopefully we'll also make little chocolate turkeys for Thanksgiving.** We used to do it when I was little and I'd like to revive the tradition.

*It'll kind of look like this but with less berries and more leaves, and some sunflowers thrown in.

**this linked recipe gives an idea of what they're like, but ours have a candy corn head (no neck) and a chocolate-star tail instead of almond. Ours are way cuter.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

By the way, what are your titles about???

9/23/2004 8:31 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

The title of my Blog? Well, as you may know, I tend to be a fearful person. A lot of things I am afraid of turn out to be paper tigers, though. (A paper tiger is a person/group that seems threatening but turns out to be harmless. I use it to apply to events as well). So as I talk about my fears in my daily blog, I hope to "trap" the paper tigers by confronting them. Or get help taming the real tigers.
:)
I won't always talk about fears, but I thought it was a cool title anyway.

9/23/2004 9:13 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I think Jenny is referring to the fact that your post titles have the wrong month on them.

9/23/2004 11:14 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Matt and I are on the same wave-length here. I don't understand why your titles are August 22, etc.

9/24/2004 4:08 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Umm...yeah...wrong dates. Well, they're wrong because I keep thinking it's August. I feel really dumb now.

9/25/2004 9:46 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

LOL - you are funny. :)

9/25/2004 7:13 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

It's even funnier to me that you changed it to be the right date. :)

9/27/2004 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home