Friday, October 22, 2004

25 Candles in a Piece of Humble Pie

I had to eat a big slice of humble pie last night.

For the last week, I've been teasing Kurt about forgetting my birthday, and telling people that of course he hasn't gotten me a gift yet. He never said a thing, just smiled.

Well, last night when I crawled into bed (after midnight), there was something under my pillow. It was one of those envelopes that you put your film in when you drop it off at the developer (my husband has a very creative wrapping style), and inside was a DVD of the Lion King, special edition. For those of you who don't know, The Lion King was the film that really moved me to become an animator. He said that he just couldn't wait to give it to me, and hoped that since it was past midnight (and technically my birthday), it wasn't too early.

In light of how I have recently been reconsidering my career and what I *really* want, I can't help but notice what a timely gift this is. Kurt has a way of always giving me just what I need when I need it, and I am *sure* that he is God's hands in my life on more occasions than he realizes.

He's a good man, and I'm thankful for him.

I think I'll lay off the teasing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

OK comments are alive again!

10/22/2004 11:07 AM  
Blogger David Cho said...

It speaks volumes about what a good wife you are. Most wifes would KILL their husbands instead of just teasing them.

10/22/2004 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home