Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Sounds Silly, but...

So I just remembered this funny story from a couple of years ago. I was playing Solitaire at work while waiting for quitting time (there was no work to do at that point) and I had, of course, been losing. This was at a time in my life when I had been wondering if God really spoke to people anymore. So I asked Him to show me if He did or not. If I won the next game I played, then He speaks. Sounds superstitious, I know, but in my heart I really was asking Him to show me. So I played and, to my surprise, I won. But still I thought, "well that could be a cioncidence. Lord, if You really do speak, then make me win again." I clicked "deal" and played. And won again. It could still be a coincidence, so I asked Him to do it again. I clicked "deal". But this time I felt somehow that it would not be a winner. So I clicked deal a couple more times till I felt Him say it was a winner. I won again. Next hand, I felt the "not-a-winner" guiding again and clicked deal till I landed on one I felt in my heart He was "greenlighting". And Lo and behold I won yet again. By that time I felt Him clearly moving in my heart--"here I AM. Listen, because I do speak." It wasn't words, but it was as clear in my understanding as if someone had spoken to me. I had to laugh. Somehow I knew that as long as I was asking then He would keep directing me to the winning deals. (Well, as long as all I wanted was to know Him of course. ;) But He had already made Himself clear to me.

Ask and you shall receive! I guess God will use any means to show us Himself...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

:) That story makes me think that you are like Gideon!

7/13/2006 11:02 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Me too :) Only God wasn't asking me to lead an army. Here's a question (and not loaded though it may seem so) Was Gideon good, bad, or neutral for asking God for those signs?

7/14/2006 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home